The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, September 15, 2007

Ingrid barely holding on... and the Dew asleep at the wheel...

Well, Humberto may have been a wind and rain producer over the Texlahoma region, but he slammed out some twisters on the east side. A total of 9 tornado reports in the Carolinas from the remnants of Humberto yesterday. Carolina Mike went out in it to catch some CG shots, which should have been very possible in that environment, looked like the storm was firing pretty good. Thanks to Rick for picking up my slack when I zonked out early into the night. I have an early morning today, and I guess my week caught up with me. Glad to hear Carolina Mike made it home safely anyway.

Tropical Storm Ingrid barely hanging on in her strongly sheared environment. She is, however, holding on to some strong eastern convection, so if she can make it through this rough time, holding on to that, she could reemerge on the other side of the trough with some potential. She is currently barely holding on to TS status. 48 hours of solid shear ahead. The official forecast has her surviving... barely. Time will tell.

Locally, as that cold front makes it's way down, there could be some weather with the interaction there, but then things look to settle and dry out until Wednesday when things should get good and unstable. I love to read about instability first thing in the morning. It just sets my day on the right course. Tim offered a great AFD today. Yes, I said Tim.

Well, I need to get ready for an out of town trip for the Mini-Dew. Competition season starts anew. There go my weekends.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dew for the radar support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, anytime... even if I did fall asleep on you... Sorry about that, btw.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...