The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thinks are cooling down all over...

(I borrowed the pic from the WEtv website) I got a call last night from one of the producers of the show. He had a question for me, which I helped him with, and then he informed me that the show is coming along nicely, that he thinks I will be quite pleased with the finished product, and it has been a pleasure working on it. I told him that I had seen on WEtv's website that it would be airing in December, which was more than he knew, so he was excited to hear that. I am thinking mudslide premier party. ;-) Pretty exciting stuff.

Locally, things are cooling down. It was wonderful sitting out waiting on Mini-Dew's bus amongst the crisp fall air. It was refreshing to not melt in stifling humidity for a change. Clear skies are forecasted for most of the foreseeable future. POPS don't enter the forecast until Wednesday. It will be chillin' though. Some parts of Georgia are facing 40 degree temps over the weekend. I will be bundling up, for sure! Realize, I would rather be talking about severe weather, but this is a nice change of pace. I am sure my power bill will be easier to swallow.

The tropics are settling down nearing the end of that season. We didn't see much action here, but there were some impressive events that did occur. I mean, we had 2 Category 5 landfalls. We had two tropical depressions that became hurricanes in 12 hours. We had a total of 13 named storms. We had 4 hurricanes. Still above average. Currently, I see a trough of low pressure over the Caribbean/Western Atlantic... and it is not expected to become anything. I think we are done. All eyes foreward now to our secondary severe weather season, expected in November/December.

Ti Saluto,
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. I am officially giving up on the idea of anything tropical affecting the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are stuck with watching the severe weather unfold on the plains this weekend now. I actually got excited enough about it to blog a forecast for Sunday 4 days out! Believe me when I say that is unprecedented for me. (then again, I haven't had a blog that long and Dew said I didn't post enough in it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then, I wake to Tropical Depression 15. Go figure.

    Rub it in David. You and Steve need to prepare that SDS treatment facility for the whole team to receive treatment. Just one supercell... is that so much to ask for? Took a break from fossils to talk about weather... must be a really good outlook. I've been watching it all. Looks like the entire chaser community will be out for this one. Strap on you anemometers folks, we've got a live one. Y'all be safe David. I know you can use this break.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...