The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, November 08, 2007

Our first frost... which translates to FROZEN DEWDROP!

OK, now I might be tired of reporting about cold weather, but let me tell you, it was C O L D this morning! I want to make sure you understand that I don't just mean cold, I mean C O L D! I woke up, and I hopped out of my warm bed and stepped on my C O L D bathroom tiles, and I thought I was going to go through the roof. I decided to check my weather station after the shower, at which point the sun was actually starting to creep into our sky, so it's not the absolute lowest we had, but... check the temp (top left number on my weather station display)... yes, folks, that reading is 28 DEGREES!!!! Great googaly moogaly, and that nutty Mini-Dew tried again to leave my house without a coat (she failed in her attempts)!!! So, we walked outside, and the yard is covered in a sheet of frost. Mini-Dew commented that it looked like it had snowed (I know the "s" word). It was truly beautiful. The entire neighborhood was frosted. Of course, you know what that means... I had to grab my camera, so rather than sitting and turning into a dewdropcicle, I stood and took pics and turned into a dewdropcicle. It really was fantasticly beautiful, makes me want to visit snow... just visit. The really priceless part came when my neighbor was getting ready to head to work.
She lifted the garage door and her adorable 3 year old son was standing in the doorway looking out at the yard, and I could hear him ask her, "Now, what happened?!" in his cute little mouse voice. You could tell that he was in awe of the beautiful scene before him. It was so precious. By the time I was a complete dewdropcicle, another neighbor left, but she doesn't park inside her garage, so you know what that means... Scrape, scrape... Happy fall, y'all! Oh, btw, not the greatest motorcycle weather, and more cold temps ahead. lol

Aside from the outrageous cold... looks like the remnants of Noel have infiltrated Europe as a powerful storm. I heard reports of 70mph winds and torrential rain. Looks like a low building off of the east coast now. Could give the Northeast something to play with... We are still looking at some stormy weather during mid-week next week... do I have a chasetunity in my future? I sure hope so! I am experiencing serious SDS symptoms. I desperately need a good storm, and now that Meso Magnet Mike is down here, I have a chase partner. Yahoo!!!

That's all I've got for now...

Ti Saluto,
~Dewdrop

12 comments:

  1. Visiting snow? I might just do some snow-chasing this winter. I am tired of us not getting any snow. You had much more frost than we did way up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chasing snow... hmmm... the idea has merit.

    Apparently, we had more Dew in this area that could be frozen... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know the dew became frost...did you see it freeze? ;)

    We have had a few frosts here in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning dewcicles, even here in sunny florida its abit chilly not a cold as you all but cold enough for me! Just wanted to wish you a super dooper weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur with the not good motorcycle weather statement!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth Ellen, I'm in close with the Dew... definitely froze! LOL

    Have a super duper weekend, Jess!

    Figured you would, Mr. X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!!! Cold! Please no Christmas attire that involves tank tops and flip-flops this year...I just can't stomach that! Oh weather goddess, work your magic and send me lots of COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are geographically misplaced, my dear. I totally understand and can definitely relate... for a different reason. Not too into that whole cold thing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We already had a snow day up here. I believe it was the first week of November...It was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. A SNOW DAY?! That's insanity! Have I mentioned how glad I am to be in South Georgia??? You couldn't pay me to move to Marquette!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...