The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, January 04, 2008

Cold, cold and more cold in South Georgia... no worries, things are looking up!!!

Leaving work yesterday evening, I noticed that the sun was setting in a cirrus filled sky. I love those sunsets. They look "winter-y" to me, so I tried to scope out a quick viewing spot of it. Of course, traffic was thoroughly uncooperative, and the doggone trees of South Georgia got in my way, but at a light, I freaked out the minivan next to mine and snapped a pic, which I am certain looked to them like suspicious behavior. I got the shot though, even though their presence nearly killed my shot. Grumble, grumble.

Weatherwise... looks like we are going to see the beginnings of some climbing temps today, as we actually are looking at highs in the 50's!!! Woohoo! Yes, yes, we still had hard freeze issues this morning, but that wasn't even as bad as forecasted.

THE CIRRUS WAS A BIT THICKER THAN EXPECTED AND FOILED THE MIN TEMP FORECAST AT MANY LOCATIONS.
Curses... foiled again. (Mind you, I am not terribly bothered by a botched low forecast. I am rather pleased with the outcome.) It actually snowed in some locations in FLORIDA yesterday!!! Good grief! What is going on?! Things are starting to look up though. Looks like some thawing is in my future. This weekend, we are looking at beautiful 70 degree temperatures. I tell you what, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. Well, that's it for me. I have a busy weekend planned. I hope everyone has a great one. Don't forget to watch that show "When Weather Changed History" on TWC. Also, Tuesday is the big day for my debut on the "Twister Sisters" show! I will be hosting a viewing at my house if you're interested.

I have plans to play pinochle tonight. I have never played pinochle in my life, don't even know how to play, but, I'll be playing anyway. I expect it to be exciting, while I learn how to play. I hope the group will be patient with me. lol.

Toodles and TGIF!!!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. (Yawn...scratch scratch...) ;-) Morning sunshine. Just got off work and looking foward to the Dewbut (that debut not Dew but) or maybe Dews butt on TV doing the Happy Dew dance..LOLOL!!! Sleep deprived right now, so work with me. Need me to bring anything??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they don't show that... sigh. Aside from that, I don't think you'll need to bring anything, unless there is something specific you like to drink. It should be a fun night.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...