The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 07, 2008

Serious Fog in South Georgia... and upcoming Twister Sisters show Episode 5

Well, I woke up this morning and drove to work in the midst of some extremely dense fog. It was reminicent of the severely smoky days of last spring, when we had the wild fires in Southeast Georgia. I would gauge visibility at a distance of between 50 and 100 yards in most places along my route. The sun had a tough job breaking through all that stuff. It was so thick, that the ground was damp when I went out this morning.

Aside from that I saw this really nifty (mini-Dew would flip out if she knew I used that word. She jumped my case the other day when she heard me ask someone "What's up?"... she explained that people just don't say that anymore... eye roll. Am I really that old?) spiderless (exactly the way I like them), spider web on the Japanese Magnolia that I have yet to transplant to a spot in the yard... it's actually quite happy in it's current location, has bloomed every year. I thought it was pretty with the mist from the fog dangling from it's silky strands.

We are currently in a warm up. Looks like the next cold front is expected to arrive later this week, bringing with it another shot at rain, nothing severe with Thursday's approach, but Friday, I will be headed to the Tampa area, so expect some weather up this way. You know what that means...

DURING LATE WEEKEND...A LOW POSSIBLY DEVELOPS IN THE GULF ALONG STALLED BOUNDARY AND MOVES NEWD DURING SUNDAY. THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A MORE SIGNIFICANT WEATHER PRODUCER
Jess and Annie, I'll be getting with you regarding details of the trip. Aside from down the line weather, the guys have put together a very thorough synopsis of the local weather over the course of 2007, which was very interesting and comprehensive. You can check that out at this link. Great work, guys... as usual.

Tomorrow is my big "Dew"-but on the "Twister Sisters" show, episode 5. I am excited and nervous all at the same time, anticipating how it will all edit out. Steve and Rick, you might just get the rare pleasure of experiencing the Happy Dew Dance (HDD)... good grief. I couldn't help but laugh at the pic of Brad and Karen on the snapshots for the show. I don't know if that is before or after I intruduced them to White Russians... I really enjoyed that chasecation! Great folks, all around.

That's it for me today.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. looks like after, lol.
    I cant wait to watch you!
    You are coming into Tampa Friday?!
    gotta yahoo you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could come up for the par-tay!

    I will either be down on Friday or Saturday. I dread the idea of boarding my doggone dog all weekend, so I need to find out what Annie has going on. I hope I can see you while I am down that way.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...