The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kyle could be just around the corner...

Well, it looks like Kyle is almost here but not where I thought he would be... Looks to me like he's beating on Mikey's door. They were calling it a Nor'easter this morning

A nor'easter (also northeaster; see below) is a macro-scale storm along the East Coast of the United States. A nor'easter is so named because the winds in a nor'easter come from the northeast, especially in the coastal areas of the Northeastern United States and Atlantic Canada. More specifically, it describes a low pressure area whose center of rotation is just off the East Coast and whose leading winds in the left forward quadrant rotate onto land from the northeast. The precipitation pattern is similar to other extratropical storms. Nor'easters also can cause coastal flooding, coastal erosion, hurricane force winds, and heavy snow. Nor'easters can occur at any time of the year but are mostly known for their presence in the winter season. ~ source
...because it wasn't expected to go tropical... looks like he could though. A Special Tropical Disturbance Statement has been issued stating:
SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE THAT THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CENTERED ABOUT 250 MILES...400 KM... SOUTHEAST OF WILMINGTON NORTH CAROLINA IS ACQUIRING SOME TROPICAL CHARACTERISTICS. THIS SYSTEM COULD BECOME A TROPICAL OR SUBTROPICAL CYCLONE LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT AS IT MOVES WESTWARD OR WEST-NORTHWESTWARD. THE LOW IS ACCOMPANIED BY WINDS OF UP TO 65 MPH... 100 KM/HR... TO THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER.
If this thing does go tropical, and it develops just slightly stronger winds, it could go straight to hurricane. Imagine...

I am enjoying cool mornings and comfortable afternoons, but I know what lies ahead... cold... ick. Oh well, I will enjoy this beautiful fall weather while it lasts.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. I am excited for Autumn to arrive. Temps around here have been above normal, especially for overnight lows. The trees are starting to change, but there hasn't been any crisp Autumn days yet. It was cool earlier in the month, but it was humid and what not, so it didn't feel like Autumn. (OSNW3 temperature graph)

    Don't get me wrong, this warm spell is nice, but Summer is over and I am looking forward to cooler temps, shorter days, and SNOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Well, I am thinking that if you're a snow fan that my cooler temps are actually not as cool as you might think. At 65 this morning, I wanted a jacket. lol! That's why I'm down here and you're up there, I suppose. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the first to break the news of "Kyle" in my "hearing". Cool, I think. Doesn't look like he'll affect me too much - or will he? You'll have to teach me. Maybe he's who is pushing fluffy clouds my way!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the instructive information which accompanies such lovely photographs.Thank you also for the effort which goes to searching and capturing the images.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...