The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finally, the tropics are awake!

Well, it's about doggone time!!! Finally, arriving late on the scene this season, we have a tropical depression. Yes, folks, that Cape Verde wave that I spoke of yesterday has earned Tropical Depression status. Join me in welcoming Tropical Depression 2 to the stage... Tropical Depression 2?!?, you ask?! Yes, folks, we actually had a pre-season blip, that stole away the 1st depression status. It didn't ever amount to anything, so you might have forgotten about it.You might be noticing those two other areas of interest, one in the Windward Islands, and the other between our tropical depression and that wave... neither have much of a shot at development, but I find it funny that we went from nada... to kaboom, just like that. Tropical Depression 2 is forecast to become our first named storm of the 2009 Atlantic Basin Hurricane Season. That would make Tropical Storm Ana (pronounced Uh-nah). It doesn't look like they expect her to become anything much more than a fish, but Bermuda should keep a close watch on the storm, as it creeps across the Atlantic, making the long track from Africa to this neck of the woods.

AS USUAL THERE IS CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE STRENGTH OF THIS SYSTEM LATER IN THE FORECAST PERIOD. IF THE CYCLONE MOVES FARTHER NORTH THAN ANTICIPATED (ABOVE) IT WILL PROBABLY ENCOUNTER STRONGER SHEAR AND NOT INTENSIFY AS MUCH AS FORECAST. ON THE OTHER HAND IF THE SYSTEM MOVES FARTHER SOUTH THAN EXPECTED LATE IN THE PERIOD...IT WILL PROBABLY BECOME STRONGER THAN ANTICIPATED HERE.
I will keep you posted... You know, I've kept my mouth shut about something that has really irritated me, but enough is enough! "Wake up with Al" is the Weather Channel's newest brain fart, where someone apparently got the hair-brained idea that TWC watchers might for some reason want to watch the less-than-intelligent NBC "celebrity", while catching up on the weather... not true! The guy crawls up my skin, and the whole little news segment is exactly what I am trying to get away from by watching the Weather Channel instead of the umpteen thousand news channels and ridiculous morning talk shows... Seriously, Weather Channel bozos, do you think I want to watch Al call an obvious shelf cloud... a wall cloud (as he did this morning--give me a break people!!!)? I think not!! It irritates me to no end, and I sure hope that someone gets a brain at that establishment... and starts to actually show--- gasp, WEATHER!

Ok, I think I will crawl off my soap-box now. Sorry.

Have a lovely day! Let me know if you find a weather channel that talks about the weather.
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dew, long time follower, first time commenter. In regards to the TWC comment, having a brother and sister-n-law as TWC producers and I can share that was very much a new parent company NBC decision and not our local TWC decision. Just thought I share. keep up the great blogs..

    jeff in kennesaw

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...